The latest update of Folder Marker, version 4.8, is now available for download! In this version, the Mark Folder menu supports a dark theme, a better appearance of the interface on the systems with large-monitors or dual-monitors systems, and more.
Plus, a special offer at the end of the article…
For those who have purchased Folder Marker after May 17th, 2022, this update is available at no additional cost. If your purchase was prior to the stated date, an update fee might be applicable.
What’s New in the 4.8 version? Detailed list.
- The Mark Folder menu has been enhanced with the support of a dark theme, and icons are now displayed against a transparent background, eliminating the previous gray backdrop. In addition, we’ve incorporated larger icons into the standard sets. Consequently, even at 125%, 150%, or 175% scaling, the Mark Folder menu maintains a visually appealing.
- We have made significant adjustments to the appearance of the program windows to ensure that they look visually pleasing on dual-monitor systems. As a result, Folder Marker now looks great when you move the windows from a monitor with 125% scaling to a monitor with 100% scaling. Additionally, the program as well as the Mark Folder menu are designed to look good on large screens with 150% or even 175% scaling. So if you have a large, expensive, high-resolution monitor, or two – version 4.8 of Folder Marker will look better on it.
- The update window now shows whether the update is free or paid for licensed versions of Folder Marker. Some of our users are disappointed when they see after the update the request to pay the update fee.
- In Multiply Folders mode, you can now adjust the height of the Folders list more, making work with Folder Marker in this mode more convenient.
- Ukrainian, Dutch, Filipino, French, Greek, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese languages were updated.
- Changing the icon via the Mark Folder menu no longer results in a brief flash of the Folder Marker application icon in the Taskbar.
- Bug Fixed: The icons were not applied to sub-folders in Multiply mode.
- Bug Fixed: Changing the Default Folder Icon in the system did not work.
- Bug Fixed: Folder icon changes did not work with Network folders during command line work.
- Bug Fixed: Customization of Network folders did not show on Windows 11/10 computers after the KB5018410, KB5018418, KB5018427 Windows update.
- Bug Fixed: Customized icons were not shown before the computer restart if the folder had files inside, and a preview of those files was shown by Windows on the folder icon.
- Bug Fixed: The program could freeze for around 10 seconds if the internet connection was absent.
- Bug Fixed: A “File does not exist” message appeared on program start-up.
- Bug Fixed: The Free edition of the program changed the window height more than the height of the screen when you changed the height of the folders list.
- Bug Fixed: A “List out of bounds” error occurred when attempting to restore the default icon via grid on the Main window with “Apply selected icon for all subfolders” turned on.
- Bug Fixed: Using not-allowed characters in the name of the menu categories caused an “Unable to write to…” error.
- Bug Fixed: Deleting the icon in User Icons Tag also deleted the last icon in the list.
- Bug Fixed: The term for free updates was not shown in the About window.
Why is it worth updating?
- More convenient interface, better visual appearance, and fewer bugs.
- This update is free for those who bought the Folder Marker license on May 17th, 2022, or later.
- All users have a standard 30-day trial in the new version, even if the trial time in previous versions has already passed.