Version 4.6 of Folder Marker is ready, and it supports Windows 11 – we announced this a few days ago! In windows 11, the icon style is landscape-oriented, so we re-drawn the icon’s design to fit in + a lot of users asked us about this update. While creating Folder Marker, we adhere to the philosophy that icons should match the style of the system: if you put Folder Marker on Windows 10, you will see icons in Win10 style; on Windows 11 there will be Win11 icons. But what if you don’t want to upgrade to Windows 11, but want to have landscape folders in Folder Marker? Here is the instruction.
How to make folders in Folder Marker landscape-oriented on Windows 10. Step-by-step instruction
This instruction is for Windows 10, but also for Windows 7 or Windows 8 – it is exactly the same. If you’re on these legacy systems, you can use it too. So…
- Make sure you have the latest version of Folder Marker Pro or Home (4.6) installed. If not – update.
- Close Folder Marker.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Folder Marker\icl\ and rename files:
- Colors.icl to Colors10.icl
- L.-N..icl to L.-N.10.icl
- Main.icl to Main10.icl
- Download the file with Landscape folders from here: https://foldermarker.com/icl-win11_Home.zip
- Unzip its contents to C:\Program Files (x86)\Folder Marker\icl\
After that, in the Folder Marker you will have Windows 11 (Landscape) and Windows 10-styled icons to choose from. You can use them both: